Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Visit from Grampa Reno

Stacey here!  Our Dad, Jack's Grampa, flew to Arizona today from California for a visit.  He was more than happy to report how well Jack was doing and what a "trooper" he was being.  Of course, we've heard this time and time again from Laurie, but I'm sure seeing it for himself is a great comfort for our Dad.  He forwarded me a few pictures taken during today's chemo treatment. 
















Jack and Grampa


Always ready to play with trains


Hugs for Mommy


Happy Guy


















Whew!  Getting better is hard work!

Seeing the pictures always makes me feel better, but at the same time it makes me want to go outside, get into my car, and drive straight through to Arizona.  Right now.  But if Jack can sit still and be patient while receiving his treatment, I can certainly sit still and be patient waiting for April 1st when Scott and I get to go outside, get into the car, and drive straight through to Arizona. 

NEWS!!!  May 22 is the CureSearch Walk: Conquering Children's Cancer Together event, and I am planning on organizing a team to raise pledges and walk with me in honor of our Jack, and in honor of all the kids who are forced to fight this disease.   For information on where/when, please click the link above.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, Stacey, for updating this site and especially for including pictures. It's driving me mad because I can't be there either. I'm glad you're doing the Walk. I'm happy to sponsor you.

    ReplyDelete